Still Awake? These House Stories Will Make You Stay Awake. - Odd Nugget
People are all so afraid to stay in a house where someone died in case its haunted.
Yet, no one is afraid to stay in a hospital for the same reason.
But, i digress...
The house stories below are equal parts funny and frightening. If you're ready for a weird experience or two, do continue!
The Cursed House
---------------------------------------- It was a halloween night.
Jane and her friends thought it would be fun to explore the old house at the end if the street.
Nobody lives there and everybody was saying that the house is cursed.
They will regret that they entered that house.
Writing in different points of view.
I felt a wave of excitement as I put the key in the door of our new house.
As my husband carried me over the threshold, my eyes widened when I saw nothing but a table, tools, and plastic sheets covering every inch of the room.
Posted on Reddit by GingerStorm83.
More Like This
I have a plan. Any additional advice to expel a demon in my house?
Long story short, there is a demonic presence in my house (I live in a travel trailer), and it is scaring the life out of me. Seriously. I've been staying with my mom for the last week, but it's time for me to go back to my trailer. And I'm scared.
I've had many encounters with ghosts, shadow people, and other various entities in my time. Sometimes they're scary. But nothing has ever felt like this before. When I first encountered this demonic presence in my trailer, I instantly knew... this is dangerous. This is bad. This is the worst "paranormal" entity I have ever experienced in my life, and I need it GONE.
I tried to commit suicide at the very end of November. After my hospital stay, I stayed with my mom for 2 weeks. When I got back to my trailer, that's when all this started. My suspicion is that the extreme negative energy I put out in the time leading to my action and the action itself essentially "invited" the demon in. It has not followed me to my mom's (I've been scared here, but mostly scared OF encountering the presence, not necessarily experiencing it here). I stopped by my trailer today and it was instantly clear that there is some disturbing presence in there still. I theorize it is confined to my trailer and cannotdoes not follow me elsewhere.
I could go into detail about what's been happening, but this post is asking for help on how to expel it. If anybody is interested in details, I'll add an edit to this post or a comment with details. Long story short: It is VERY clear to me this is a demonic presence, nothing else.
I'm moving back into my trailer tomorrow morning. I am very nervous. I have some "witchy" friends that I have confided in who are going to help me with the following plan:
Salt every entrance--windows and the door.
Open windows and sage the interior of the trailer (should I include exterior?)
Draw multiple "witches knots" and hang above every window and door.
On Friday (today is Wednesday, I move home Thursday) my friends will come stay the night and we will create a "witches bottle" and place it in the appropriate place on the property.
For comfort, I will be leaving all lights on throughout each night. This has not helped with expelling the presence whatsoever, but it helps me feel more comfortable.
If anything gets overwhelming, I have a key to my friends' house and can come stay the night at any time. But I want my house back. I don't want to keep running.
Does anybody have anything else I can possibly do? I am particularly afraid of the period of time between moving back home and when my friends can come over to perform the Witches Bottle. I know the demonic presence feeds on fear, and I try to control myself best I can, but the bottom line is that this is the most terrifying paranormal experience I've ever endured and it's hard to not be scared. I feel unsafe. Literally, physically unsafe. But I want my freaking HOME back.
Any additional things I can do are welcome, I will do anything and everything to get rid of this. And if everything I do is not enough, I'll know it's time to bring in the "big guns," whatever that ends up being. A priest.. I don't know. Anything.
Thanks everyone. Please wish me well.
Edit: I've been asked a few times to share what's been going on, so here's the short version (well, it got long...):
- Before I encountered the spirit: I noticed a foul smell when I got home (after hospital and staying with my mom). That smell, up until I left to go stay with my mom again, only got worse and worse and worse. The smell was of rotting flesh. I spent endless days trying to locate and solve the problem (emptying and disinfecting septic tanks, searching for carcasses, replacing my propane gas leak detectors and carbon monoxide detectors... the list is very long).
- Started off with what I thought was just a spirit (and it could very well still be that spirit causing these problems and not a "demon"). I had just gotten home and laid down in bed. I felt someone patting my head (very physically). I've known many spirits and was not scared, though it's been awhile since I've encountered one. Next, something a little smaller than a tennis ball hit me square in the throat. It sort of hurt, and startled me. At that point, I stated, "you are welcome here, but you need to be nice to me" etc. This was about 4:30pm on 122220.
- This spirit was pretty friendly after that. She spoke and sang to me, sometimes within my skull (and I could "see" where in my skull she was) and other times speaking externally, as if she were another person in the room... not quite as solid and clear as another person, but something close to that. She remained friendly. She showed me a vision at one point that struck me as odd: somebody pulling a stiff, dead, black cat out of the drawer. When I went to inspect the cat, it reached out a paw and dug its claws (painlessly) into my forehead.
- I strongly believed this spirit was here to help me. In short, her whole thing was to be in the present moment and be mindful. I welcomed her presence. She actually told me her name- "Tagile." In a round-a-bout way she asked me to leave her a physical offering. I started to get suspicious.
- I ended up online and through some reading, realized that she might be being nice to me in order for me to fully invite her in. I decided against the offering.
- At this point, she grew very angry and violent. She was throwing things around. Now, not in the physical world... it's hard to explain. I could "see" the things being thrown in my mind, but the noises it made crashing against the walletc were VERY audible, as if they were happening in our world. I grew very, very scared.
- Ended up on the Hinduism subreddit seeking help. A mantra meant to ward off evil spirits was recommended. I was linked to a youtube video where this mantra was chanted repeatedly for 3 hours. Turned it on.
- Everything initially grew MUCH worse. I was PETRIFIED. But, eventually, it faded into nothing. It stopped. I fell asleep. I woke about an hour later, and the chanting video had ended.
- At this point, when I awoke, I was... words can't even do it justice. I was overwhelming, absolutely, completely enveloped by an evil presence. I grew up in a Christian home (though I am no longer religious) and can only describe this presence as demonic. It no longer felt like Tagile, the spirit. This was something else, and I immediately felt in severe danger.
- This lasted all night. I was paralyzed with fear, so much so that I couldn't sit up to turn a light on. I couldn't look past the end of the bed for fear of seeing this entity. When I'd close my eyes, I would see it behind my eyelids (a sort of generic "devil" appearance-- tall, thick, big curved horns on his head, completely black). My trailer is heated with a propane furnace; the tank I was using ran out in the middle of the night, and I was too scared to even get up and change tanks, so I froze all night.
- This type of experience repeated most nights up until I fled to my mom's house. I started sleeping with every light on in the trailer. Helped me feel a bit more comfortable, but did not do anything to relieve the fear or chase off the entity.
- Went back to stay with my mom. Though I felt fear at her house, it was fear of encountering this entity. The entity did not follow me. After about a week I returned back to my trailer just to check on it. The smell was completely GONE. This was Wednesday 1521. I decided I would move back in the following day. I will note, however, that when I stepped inside to check the place out, I felt a very disturbing presence. Like, hair on the back of your neck standing up. Still, I am stubborn and did not want to be chased away from my own home. The plan to return home remained.
- Today (Thursday 1621) came around. While I was gathering my things from my mom's house, and on my way home, a few strange things happened. Could be coincidence. The lights began flickering at my mom's house while I cleaned. When I got in my truck, the stereo was acting up and would not allow me to play the "hyped-up" music I wanted to play (to build confidence). Half-way home, a garbled voice came through the speakers for just a few moments, even though I had turned the entire stereo off. When I parked outside my trailer, I sent a text to my "witchy" friends about what had happened. Right before I went to open the door to get out, the stereo suddenly turned on playing my music full-blast.
- Unloaded my stuff at home. No smell whatsoever. I then left to go buy the ingredients for my ritual.
- Got home, and to my utter horror, the smell is returning. It's exactly as it was before: not super strong, but absolutely noticeable. Downright terrified me. Last time, it just got stronger and stronger as the days went on. I lit an incense. I will do the rituals next. Every time I catch a strong whiff of the smell or begin to get scared, I have taken commenters' advice and have been speaking out loud to the entity and asserting that it is not welcome here, this is MY home, etc etc.
Update: 1622 In the late evening I performed the planned rituals. There was some spookiness and #&@$ery but I am proud to say I remained confident. The smell disappeared, but I was skeptical as I had been using sage, incense, etc. When I went to close the windows, I found myself too scared to look outside. It sincerely felt like whatever had been in my trailer was now outside, in the dark, looking in. I was too afraid to even open my door to let my dog out for the rest of the night. I left the lights on all night. I felt very unsettled, but confident that it was no longer inside my trailer and that I was safe.
1722: Around noon I started to notice the smell again. I'd catch very strong whiffs of it, and sometimes it would linger. In my anger and confidence I stood my ground, told it I'm not afraid of it, etc. The smell came and went. It's 7:15pm right now and I haven't smelled it in several hours. Tonight my friends are coming over to perform another ritual to solidify last night's.
Posted on Reddit by soundandvisions.
The Reluctant Marchioness
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin her.
Rose Wilde has always considered herself plain, especially when compared to her beautiful older sister Charlotte, and has practically given up on the idea of being romanced.
But when American hotelier Derek Montgomery comes to revolutionise her little, sleepy English village of Ascot, Rose starts to revisit the idea of falling in love.
However, Derek brings with him many secrets and obligations, some that might prohibit him from pursuing Rose -- and push her into the arms of her friend, Michael Cornell, the Marquess of Juniper.
Will fate allow Rose and Derek to marry for love? Or will she indeed become the reluctant marchioness? [[Word count: 70,000 - 80,000 words]] Cover designed by Ashley Bandy (The Reluctant Marchioness is the sequel to The Coveted Countess, but can also be read as a standalone)
Once I had found my sleeping daughter in the kidnappers house, I lit it on fire and left with her in my arms.
My heart dropped when she asked if I called the cops to save the other kids.
Posted on Reddit by Dark_mystogan.
[JAN22] I love trolling people on the Internet and laughed to myself as I told someone to come to my house and fight me if he dared
I cursed my stupidity for inadvertently inviting it inside, as it sunk it's fangs into my throat
Posted on Reddit by to_42.
Shards of Clear Glass
4th and final book in the Shards of Glass series The time for rejoice has come.
Saira and Zak are getting married, the paranormal world is right, and the demons seem to want Saira to be in peace.
Except that an assassin lurks outside her window.
Secrets unravel in this last installment of the Shards of Glass Series.
Threats are made, promises are broken, and mysteries are unclouded.
And Saira's family makes a guest appearance.
Maybe some things are too broken to fix.
My dead family is haunting my house
My grandfather died May 2020. At my house, my mother, who wasn't a fan of my grandfather, said that he was better off dead. Grandfather had anger issues. All of a sudden, a mug came flying out of the kitchen and shattered on the wall. Everyone was in the living room. I don't know how.
That's not the only thing that happened. I went to my basement to turn off the dryer since the laundry was in the basement. My basement is always freezing no matter what time of year it is. I felt, freezing hand on the back of my neck, my uncle died in June 2012 and was a prankster. I whipped to look behind me and looked around, nothing. I was going to the stairs and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a guy in a bloody military uniform. It was my uncle. He died being shot multiple times in the military.
I know I'm not crazy. I went to a psychiatrist for a mental examination and I was concluded to be mentally stable and fine. I think it's paranormal. It's scary but I got used to it. I have a lot of paranormal experiences. I don't know what to do when I have these experiences.
Edit: Thanks for the advice. Everywhere we have moved, the spirits follow us.
Posted on Reddit by Weird_person_1670.
This article may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!