New Classical Albums Aren't Far From Wherever You Are... - Odd Nugget
Looney Tunes cartoons were some of our first, and only introduction to classical music.
With that settled...
Classic classical albums come from all over. The picks that follow are full of energy and unmistakable charm...
More Like This
Codex Symphonia by Kory Reeder
Codex Symphonia is an extensive work for symphony orchestra, choir, and fixed media, with viola, percussion, soprano, and piano soloists. At over an hour, spanning 8 movements, with no breaks, the piece flows from delicate fragility to engulfing soundscapes; from sparse, isolated tones, to field recordings exploring the social and artistic implications of various concert genera as well as various notational methodologies and ensemble relationships. The work is part of a larger series of compositions called Codex Pieces, each exploring various ensemble relationships in multimovement forms, and within the structure of Codex Symphonia, individual sections and movements are composed based on previous series in my compositional catalog including my Grid Series in which players freely move about collections of pitches, and Void Pieces in which performers intuitively move through sparse tones and silences.
Forms of being in the context of this work are expressed via the performance practice required through various notational methods across the piece, but also through the social relationships expressed in human bodies through performance. Each movement correlates to specific relationship models and states of musical being within the concert setting and can be described as various states of... more
- Edvard GRIEG - The Greatest Hits (Full album)
01. Peer Gynt, Suite 1, Opus 46: I. Morning Mood
Symphony orchestra of Soviet radio Central Television Gennady Rozhdestvensky 0:00:05
02. Peer Gynt, Suite 1, Opus 46: IV. In the Hall of the Mountain King
Symphony orchestra of Soviet radio Central Television Gennady Rozhdestvensky 0:04:17
03. Lyric Pieces, Opus 47: number 3, Melody
Mikhail Pletnev 0:06:56
04. Peer Gynt, Suite 2, Opus 55: IV. Solveig's Song
State Academic Symphony Orchestra of the USSR Svetlanov 0:10:53
05. Lyric Pieces, Opus 54: number 3, march Dwarfs (Orchestral Version)
Symphony orchestra of Soviet radio Central Television Gennady Rozhdestvensky 0:16:24
06. Lyric Pieces, Opus 43: 1, Butterfly
Mikhail Pletnev 0:20:04
07. Peer Gynt, Suite 1, Opus 46: III. Anitra's Dance
State Academic Symphony Orchestra of the USSR Svetlanov 0:21:40
08. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in A Minor, Opus 16: III. Allegro moderato molto e marcato
Symphony Orchestra of the Central Television and All-Union Radio, conductor Fuat Mansurov Victor Merzhanov 0:25:06
09. Lyric Pieces, Opus 47: number 7, Elegy
Mikhail Pletnev 0:30:23
10. Lyric Pieces, Opus 54: number 2, the Norwegian peasant march (Orchestral Version)
Symphony orchestra of Soviet radio Central Television Gennady Rozhdestvensky 0:34:22
11. 6 songs, Opus 48: number 5, Rose Time (Orchestral Version)
State Academic Symphony Orchestra of the USSR Svetlanov 0:36:59
12. Lyric Pieces, Opus 38: 1, Lullaby
Mikhail Pletnev 0:40:44
13. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in A Minor, Opus 16: II. Adagio
Victor Merzhanov, Fuat Mansurov Television Symphony Orchestra of the Central Union Radio 0:43:50
14. Peer Gynt, Suite 2, Opus 55: II. fantasia
State Academic Symphony Orchestra of the USSR Svetlanov 0:50:38.5
15. Holberg Suite, Suite in the Old Style for String Orchestra, Opus 40: IV. Air
The ensemble of soloists Concertino Victor nightjar 0:55:04
16. Lyric Pieces, Opus 57: 1, Past Days
Mikhail Pletnev 1:00:54
17. Lyric Pieces, Opus 54: number 4, Nocturne (Orchestral Version)
Symphony orchestra of Soviet radio Central Television Gennady Rozhdestvensky 1:08:20
18. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in A Minor, Opus 16: I. Allegro molto moderato
Symphony Orchestra of the Central Television and All-Union Radio, Fuat Mansurov Victor Merzhanov 1:12:37Subscribe to our channel:
Dmitry Belorusov saidsaidWlad Karat.
01) 00:05 (02) 04:17 (03) 06:56 (04) 10:53
05) 16:24 (06) 20:04 (07) 21:40 (08) 25:06
09) 30:23 (10) 34:22 (11) 36:59 (12) 40:44
13) 43:50 (14) 50:38 (15) 55:04 (16) 1:00:54
17) 1:08:20 (18) 1:12:3718. 1:12:37The Greatest Hits (Full album) 2014
01. 00:051, Опус 46: I02. 04:171, Опус 46: IV03. 06:5647: 304. 10:532, Опус 55: IV05. 16:2454: 306. 20:0443: 107. 21:401, Опус 46: III08. 25:0616: III. Allegro moderato molto e marcato09. 30:2347: 710. 34:2254: 211. 36:59 648: 512. 40:4438: 113. 43:5016: II. Adagio14. 50:382, Опус 55: II15. 55:0440: IV. Air16. 1:00:5457: 117. 1:08:2054: 418. 1:12:3716: I. Allegro molto moderato'
Paul C Benson said: 'I'm listening right now to this beautiful music from the works of Edvard Grieg. Thank you so much for adding it to YouTube. I remember from the 1960s when my father brought home extracts form Peer Gynt on an LP. I've never forgotten that and my life for the love of classical music was set - I am now 67. Thank you.'
Murmurations by Ben Vida + Lea Bertucci
Comprising 10 tracks of creative expression, veteran experimentalists, Ben Vida and Lea Bertucci, deliver Murmurations, their first release as a duo, incorporating live tape manipulation, modular synthesis, sampling, and real-time instrumental and vocal improvisation, into a joyous tapestry of playful, boundary blurring sound.
Longstanding figures in New York City experimental music scene - both noted for pushing electroacoustic music into highly individualized realms - Ben Vida and Lea Bertucci began collaborating during the Summer of 2021, while living on opposite sides of the same mountain outside of Woodstock, NY. What began as a series of conversations between friends, slowly formed into the development of a unique form of nonhierarchical improvisation that challenged and rethought the nature of dialog and language itself; intertwining their respective practices into a series of fluid compositions where the identities and locations of each artist become progressively obscure.
Issued by Bertuccis Cibachrome Editions, Murmurations is the first culmination of this process. Comprising six instrumental works, as well as four that place both artists long-standing engagement with the human voice, the album presents a fascinating, uncharted position between the efforts of experimental vocalists like... more
by KEYGEN CHURCH
he tugt ls wa
ad t vo tund n pi
T th unwn v s sa
Fwrd l th nht n d
eahin o ce o dr
Th oeve f k
n m o aou ra
o are om ba
e sl fro anie eins
Th i beang a he hai
Ne deion wer o in
l e dis c pa
oi e w it th m
ita mde zo n oe
Prred coe to ase ou ear
M th elbaon a
- Aleksander Rjabov Synthesis - Dialoogid (FULL ALBUM, jazz modern classical, 1982, Estonia, USSR)
Artist: Aleksander Rjabov ja ansambel Synthesis
Year: 1983 (Recorded in 1982)
Genre: modal jazz, contemporary jazz, avant-garde, modern classical music
Country: Estonia, USSR
Label60 18903 002
Alto Saxophone Lembit Saarsalu (tracks: A5)
Bass Toivo Unt (tracks: A1 to A5, B2, B3)
Cello Peeter Paemerru (tracks: B2, B3)
Clarinet Aleksander Rjabov
Drums Peep Oujavere (tracks: A1 to A5, B2, B3)
Flute Jaan Õun (tracks: B4)
Guitar Tiit Paulus (tracks: A4 to B3)
Piano Eevi Ross (tracks: B4), Tõnu Naissoo (tracks: A5, B2, B3)
Viola Moissei Alperten (tracks: B2, B3)
Violin Aleksander Zagorulko (tracks: B2, B3), Mari Tampere (tracks: B2, B3)
A3 Moskiito Tants
A5 Sodur Tadeusz
B1 Kallis Mari
B3 Helletus Ja Tants
Martin Tõnumaa said: '0:00 Ootus 2:43 Fööniks 7:52 Moskiito Tants 11:16 Solarius 16:48 Sodur Tadeusz 22:15 Kallis Mari 27:58 Nägemused 30:19 Helletus Tants 33:59 Dialoogid'
Jim Griffin said: '
Perfect.wonderful Clarinet chops.'
Read Stupid Irish Memes - Odd Nugget next.
This article may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!