Gather 'Round and Witness Art at GR Gallery's "Summer Gathering" - Odd Nugget
A wealth of artwork is on display at GR Gallery's latest show "Summer Gathering" - this time pulling powerful imagery from artists around the world.
From oil paintings to mixed media masterpieces and much, much more, "Summer Gathering" gathers a great many influences, styles and intentions into one singular show.
14 Artists' Creations Line the Walls
GR Gallery's latest event features the work of 14 artists, gathered into a single setting.
All of the artwork featured in this show was created specifically for the occassion, making for a matchless experience.
The entire roster of artists is as follows:
1. Shun Sudo - A Tokyo-based artist with a pop-infused, stream-of-consciousness visual style.
2. Steven Carpenter - An artist hailing from Austin, Texas whose oil-based paintings tackle three-dimensional space with other-dimensional depth.
3. Jay Young - An artist from Virginia Beach whose unique take on portraiture blends shapes and materials to colorful perfection.
4. Eric Minter - A New Jersey native whose paintings pair experiential form with reality, reimagined.
5. Reko Rennie - An artist of Kamilaroi descent whose mind-bending work weaves personal heritage with rebellious graffiti.
6. David Lyle - This artist's striking paintings put forth altered visions of the past in powerful monochrome - each based on old photographs discovered by Lyle himself.
7. SAMI - A Finnish artist with a modern, hectic aesthetic, SAMI explores lines, letting them lead where they will through worlds of color and form.
8. Peter (Pixel) Chan - An animator whose work illustrates experiences in plein air pastels at once jagged and delightfully soft.
9. Arthur Kwon Lee - A Korean American artist melts vivid brainwaves over elements of mythos to mind-altering effect.
10. Kenz - An artist whose soft pop art paintings appear as canvas-spanning renders crafted with laser precision.
11. Kip Omolade - A Harlem resident whose artwork mixes media to make three-dimensional statements expressed through chrome, graffiti and more.
12. Adama Abib Nanguin Coulibaly - A Cote d'Ivoire-born artist whose creations tame a rainbow of hues, constraining them to exquisitely patterned depictions.
13. IDETA TSUHIRO - A Japanese artist who portrays flat and full-featured imagery as parts of the same shared reality.
14. Mark Arajuo - A primarily sculptural artist whose work embodies freedom and expression, unencumbered.
Thanks to the singular circumstances society is currently facing, the exhibition which runs from July 24 to August 22 has urged visitors to adopt face-covering and distancing measures on arrival.
The struggle to adopt reasonable policies for gathering amid an unreasonable crisis pairs poetically with the spirit of the exhibition itself - assembling in spirit in a threatened, threatening society.
Pop Art, Graffiti and Sculptures, Oh My!
The overall feel of this show's lineup is one of boundless experimentation and exploration. The artwork on display in "Summer Gathering" takes a long road around the world's cultural stock, immortalizing each artist's inspiration in vivid detail.
The sheer variety of pieces featured in Summer Gathering makes this a breathtaking display. Underpinned by our world's sudden fragility, this exhibition proves how strong vastly different voices can be when we put them together.
If you haven't already, hurry and take a look at this amazing exhibition before it's over!
Read about GR Gallery's Dreamstate Exhibition next.
This article may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!